Enjoy maximum versatility over plant spacing throughout the lifecycle while enjoying all the benefits of growing in slabs with Grodan Uni-Slab™, Grodan’s Single Plant Slab solution- ideal for growing a large size plant to its full potential. Growers working within plant count limits, looking for maximum production per plant, choose Grodan Uni-Slab because of the productivity potential and versatility.
- Single crop slab
- Vertical fiber orientation
- Inert hydrophilic fibre technology
- Easy root penetration for vigorous uniform crop growth
- Excellent irrigation efficiency
- Uniform WC distribution
- High re-satuartion capacity
- Sustainable water and nutrient use
Grodan Uni-Slab™ Single Plant Slab can support large plants throughout their lifecycle, allowing greenhouse and indoor growers to realize excellent production levels per plant. It affords extra physical stability for top-heavy plants and additional protection from algae and root pests thanks to its UV-resistant cover.
Gro-Slabs offer a wide control range to steer your crop using simple irrigation strategies. They can also be resaturated quickly and effectively. The WC and EC are distributed uniformly throughout the slabs. As a result, Grodan Gro-Slabs offer a wide control range to steer your crop using a simple irrigation strategy. Grodan Gro-Slabs are the ideal solution for growers seeking a reliable substrate that facilitates easy irrigation and leaves nothing to chance throughout the cultivation period.
- Ample Accommodation for Roots — each Uni-Slab provides 304oz of stone wool for each plant to bed into. This opens up the possibility of growing truly monstrous plants!
- Quick Draining for Accurate Plant Steering — Uni-Slabs are quick-draining thanks to their vertically-woven stone wool. This helps growers to better steer their plants into generative production more quickly with minimal vertical stretching, even with challenging plant varieties. Furthermore, growers enjoy high levels of control over the internal EC of the slab, allowing for easy adjustment.
For more information on Grodan Uni-Slab, download the Product Data Sheet
- Using a sharp edge instrument, cut an “X” in the top of the wrapper where the well rooted Grodan Gro-Block will be transplanted to. Create two drainage slits on the bottom of the bag by cutting a small short straight slit on each of the corners of the bottom of the foil bag.
- Fill the Grodan Uni-Slab bag with a nutrient solution of roughly 1.5 EC and 5.5 pH and let stand until fully saturated.
- Place a well rooted Grodan Gro-Block with white roots emerging directly on the Grodan Gro-Slab where the “X” cut was made. Ensure the foil from the cut to rest up the sides of the block.
- Insert a drip irrigation stake into the Gro-Block.
|Gro-Slabs||Dimensions (in)||Dimensions (cm)||Slabs/Carton|
|Uni-Slab™||9.5 x 8 x 4||24.1 x 20.3 x 10.2||16|