Love growing in pots? Get the most out of your containers with Grow-Cubes, Grow-Chunks, and Gro-Wool
- Loose substrate to fill containers with
- Porous, dry substrate
- Optimal use of substrate volume
- Structure retained
- Fast root penetration, more growing power
- Sustainable use of water and nutrients
For growers seeking a forgiving, easy-to-use loose-fill media, Grodan Grow-Cubes are an excellent choice. Composed of uniform 1/4” cubes of stone wool, Grodan Grow-Cubes offer many advantages over other soilless potting mixes:
- Grow-Cubes do not compact and compress together, but instead, stack inside the container leaving air pockets which guarantee the roots constant access to oxygen, promoting high metabolic rates and continual root development.
- Grow-Cubes drain easily, naturally retaining a 50% water to 50% air ratio.
- When mixed with non-restrictive media (e.g. expanded clay balls) a very desirable blend of root aeration and homogenous moisture content can be achieved for extremely vigorous growth and bloom.
Lightweight — approximately 1/10 of the weight of a bag of potting soil.
Grodan Grow-Chunks are our larger size alternative to Grodan Grow-Cubes. The increased volume of Grow-Chunks means they can hold onto moisture and nutrients longer than Grow-Cubes so that you don’t have to irrigate as often. Just like Grodan Grow-Cubes and Grodan Gro-Wool, Grodan Grow-Chunks can be mixed with other media and can be used with any type of irrigation system.
Grow-Chunks are incredibly versatile and can be used in many ways:
- Use Grow-Chunks to maximize the cultivation capacity of breathable fabric pots. A 3-gallon fabric pot filled with Grow-Chunks is cable of supporting much larger plants than other soilless mixes.
- Increase the water holding capacity of a soil-based or soilless potting mix so plants are more able to withstand summertime heat extremes.
- Support the propagation and early vegetative development of young plants in net baskets filled with Grodan Grow-Chunks before transplanting into an active hydroponics system (g. ebb and flow, water culture, NFT).
- When mixed with non-restrictive media (g. expanded clay balls) a very desirable blend of root aeration and homogenous moisture content can be achieved for extremely vigorous growth and bloom.
- Lightweight — approximately 1/10 of the weight of a bag of potting soil.
Grodan Gro-Wool is used by facilities and home hobby growers for productive indoor gardens utilizing container systems. It can be used as a stand-alone loose fill growing media for containers or mixed with Grodan Grow-Chunks, Grodan Grow-Cubes, or non-restrictive potting mix components such as expanded clay balls or lava rock.
Grodan Gro-Wool is incredibly good at storing moisture and nutrients. Even when over 50% dry, it still gives up remaining moisture easily to roots making it an ideal moisture buffer. Grodan Gro-Wool is easy to handle and promotes the development of fine root hairs leading to increased nutrient uptake and more vigorous growth.
Grodan Gro-Wool can be used:
- On its own as a high water retention potting mix.
- In a mix with high porosity potting mixes to increase water holding capacity without sacrificing aeration.
- As a soil amendment, particularly with sandy soils to improve water holding capacity
Fill a clean container with desired Grodan Loose Media product and saturate with a 1.5 EC nutrient solution that has been pH adjusted to 5.5. Let stand for 2 minutes and drain excess nutrient solution.
- Propagate or Transplant
If growing from seed, sprinkle the seeds on the saturated Grodan Gro-Wool. Ensure there is plenty of Gro-Wool under the seeds to promote root development.If growing from a propagated plant, transfer a well rooted Grodan Starter Plug into the center of the saturated Grow-Cubes, Grow-Chucks or Gro-Wool.
Apply irrigations as wet weight decreases to 50% of the initial saturation weight. Do not over water.
|Loose Media||Weight per Bag||Bags/Carton|
|Grodan Grow-Cubes M||3 lb / 1 cu ft bag||6 bags|
|Grodan Grow Cubes L||5 lb / 2 cu ft. bag||3 bags|
|Grodan Grow-Cubes Loose||4 lb / 5.07 cu Ft|
|Grodan Grow-Chunks||4 lb / 1.5 cu ft.||3 bags|
|Grodan Gro-Wool||45 lb / 3.5 cu ft. bag|